Teaching students with profound special needs is a different experience than teaching typical students. Karen discusses this in relation to goals and expectations, your own confidence, and dealing with parents’ expectations.
- Introduction (00:05)
- Teacher Temperament (04:18)
- Readiness to Progress (10:11)
- Visually Impaired Students Learning Tactilely (14:08)
- Teacher Expectations & Flexibility (19:48)
- Relating to Parents (30:20)
- Helpful Books on the Autism Spectrum (38:31)
- Teacher History & Meeting with Parents (40:16)
- Persisting with Very Slow Progress (46:02)
Click through the video below to hear Karen discuss the previously stated topics.