Some folks asked me to share about growing your adult student population. Here are a few things that have worked for me.
1) Deciding that’s what I wanted. Yes, I have turned down requests for teaching children. I adore kids, but at this point in my life, I realized I wanted to teach adults since most of my career has been with children.
2) Social media has been amazing for me. I post on FaceBook something like this: “I am offering a free introductory session for Simply Music piano lessons on Wednesday, April 19 at 7 o’clock at my home. This is a unique Australia piano method that I have really enjoyed teaching for several years. If you are an adult and have always wanted to play the piano, please feel free to contact me if you would like to attend this free session. Space is limited.”
3) Also under my invite, I put this URL: https://simplymusic.com/about/
4) I ask my adult students if they would kindly share on their FaceBook page. Many do. I have gotten several students this way.
5) I posted the same on my neighborhood chat group. Again – good response.
6) Talk to people! Tell them what you do. So many adults want to play the piano for fun. It’s a great social outlet as well because we offer group lessons.
7) I have never spent any money on advertising. All word of mouth and social media. It’s amazing.